- Today I am going to Review a Book which has been published by Packt Publishing.
- The Book is Kendo UI Cookbook.
- The Author of this book is Sagar Ganatra.
Table of Contents *
- Chapter 1, The Kendo UI Application Framework
- Chapter 2, The Kendo UI Grid
- Chapter 3, Kendo UI TreeView
- Chapter 4, Kendo UI Editor
- Chapter 5, Kendo UI PanelBar
- Chapter 6, Kendo UI File Uploader
- Chapter 7, Kendo UI Window
- Chapter 8, Kendo UI Mobile Framework
- Chapter 9, Kendo UI Mobile Widgets
- Chapter 10, Kendo UI DataViz
- Chapter 11, Kendo UI DataViz – Advance Charting
Who this book is for ? *
- The library provides web, mobile, and data visualization widgets that can be configured easily to match the needs of the application.
What you will learn from this book ? *
- Get to grips with the basics of the Kendo UI application framework.
- Use various widgets such as Grid, TreeView, Editor, PanelBar, Modal Window, and File uploader, and customize your application to meet the business requirements.
- Build web applications for the mobile platform and provide a native look and feel on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone 8.
- Utilize the data visualization components such as charts and dashboard widgets to build visually compelling and interactive applications.
- I have read the 2nd chapter of this book which is "The Kendo UI Grid".
- It's a really good one. So I'm going to share the thoughts of mine about this chapter with you.Let's start it.
- The Kendo UI library comes with a powerful Grid component.The author has explained how to display tabular data and provide various functionalities, such as sorting based on a selected column, filtering data, using pagination, and editing the tabular data, etc.
- It has been explained by using step by step approach with the colourful images.Which is really awesome.
- After that I have learned the Kendo UI Grid component's various configuration options to customize the way the Grid is displayed and also saw the various APIs to manipulate the Grid's content.
- The most interesting section on this chapter is where 'Using the virtualization mechanism to improve the performance of the Grid '.Here it has been explained how to improve the performance of the grid when we load the large set of data by using 'virtualization' concept on the Kendo UI Grid.It's really awesome.
- The only complain where I have about this book is with the formatting of the Code snippets.Currently it's in black and white (mono) way. As a reader, I would like to have a color syntax for the code snippets.If so,It'll give a huge value for the packt's books.
- * I got the content from the Kendo UI Cookbook's Home page
- I have to put a special thanks for Packt Publishers,who gave me this opportunity to review this book.The Packt Publishers are doing an outstanding job in the software developer world by publishing this kind of books in very specific areas.Keep up the Good work.
- Thanks for the Author Sagar Ganatra as well for writing this kind of awesome book.Keep up the Good work.