- Today I am going to Review a Book which has been published by Packt Publishing.
- The Book is AngularJS Web Application Development Blueprints.
- The Author of this book is Vinci Rufus.
Table of Contents *
What you will learn from this book ? *
- Develop your understanding of AngularJS and the essentials of the single-page application
- Build complete and professional applications spanning across different areas, such as e-commerce, content management systems, social media apps, mobile web apps, and much more
- Work with REST web services and the Facebook APIs
- Use directives and learn how to write your own custom directives
- Upload images and write to databases directly from your AngularJS app
- Deploy your apps on the highly scalable AWS architecture
- Create rapid, clickable prototypes to get a better understanding of how your application will look and feel
- Improve your page load times and get your app ready for production deployment
Who this book is for ? *
- If you are a web application developer interested in using AngularJS for a real-life project, then this book is for you.
- This book is a practical guide that aims to help you learn how to utilize AngularJS and experience the joy of building full-fledged applications.
- I have read the 5th chapter of this book which is "Facebook Friends' Birthday Reminder App".
- It's a really good one. So I'm going to share the thoughts of mine about this chapter with you.Let's start it.
- In this chapter, I have learned about the Facebook Social Graph and the Graph APIs.Which is very new to me.I saw how to use the Graph Explorer tool, which is a really good tool for better understanding the various features of the Graph API.
- The author has nicely explained how Facebook login works and how to request additional permissions when you need to access data that is beyond the default dataset. It has been explained by using step by step approach.Which is really awesome.
- I have learned about directives and why they are so useful in integrating external plugins into our AngularJS application.And I saw the various options in the directive and how they function.
- The author has explained of how AngularJS updates the data from the model in the views using $watch during the $digest loops and how $apply is used to trigger a $digest loop. I loved that section, hence the clear explanation of the core concepts of AngularJS. Thanks to author.
- You can find out very useful external links in this chapter to gain more knowledge.
- There is a section for End-to-End tests using Protractor. Which will give the basics of how to test your AngularJS app.
- The only complain where I have about this book is with the formatting of the Code snippets.Currently it's in Black and White (mono) way. As a reader, I would like to have a color syntax for the code snippets.If so,It'll give a huge value for the packt's books.
- * I got the content from AngularJS Web Application Development Blueprints Home
Do you need to Buy this Book ?
- I have to put a special thanks for Packt Publishers,who gave me this opportunity to review this book.The Packt Publishers are doing an outstanding job in the Software Developer world by publishing this kind of up-to-date books in very specific areas.Keep up the Good work.
- Thanks for the Author Vinci Rufus as well for writing this kind of awesome book.Keep up the Good work.